Depredator CTX-575 algae destroyer 1L
- On sale!
- Depredator algaecide certikin CTX-575 concentrated algae destroyer.
- For all types of algae, even black.
- NOT recommended for liner and polyester pools, as the accumulation of copper in the water can cause stains to appear on the bottom and walls of the pool.
- Container of 1L
- Read more about causes and solutions of pools infected by algae.
Anonymous customer published the 31/07/2020 following an order made on 21/07/2020
Hay que tener mucho cuidado en su aplicación. Corrosivo
Anonymous customer published the 15/06/2020 following an order made on 07/06/2020
Supongo que es buen producto pero en mi caso, tengo un poco de alga en juntas y no acabo de poder sacarlas, espero insistir y/o encontrar el producto màgico...
WHY DOES ALGAE GET IN THE POOL?
Algae are autotrophic plant microorganisms which are introduced into the pool water by wind, rain or other swimmers.
Algae are formed from mineral salts, such as phosphates, carbon dioxide and light, which through photosynthesis are synthesized into carbohydrates (organic matter) and oxygen is released into the atmosphere.
The conditions for algae to reproduce are: very hot water, unbalanced pH levels, few hours of filtration...
Algae will settle in the pool when free chlorine is not enough, so avoiding algae in the pool is only a matter of good maintenance.
The algae destroyer CTX-575, is the perfect product to eliminate all types of algae: green, black, brown, yellow and red.
TYPES OF ALGAE IN SWIMMING POOLS
- Green algae: These are the most common, fast growing algae, they can invade a pool in 24 hours and consume a large amount of chlorine.
- Brown, yellow and red algae: Usually appear on the shady side of pools and are quite resistant to chlorine, they can resist 3 to 5 ppm of free chlorine. They have a tendency to stick to the walls and in areas of difficult access.
- Black algae: They are the most feared algae. They form dark spots and have a structure of layers where the first layer protects the layers below. This makes it very difficult to remove. They are extremely resistant to chlorine.
HOW TO REMOVE ALGAE IN THE POOL?
REMOVE GREEN ALGAE
- Brushing the walls and areas with the presence of green algae.
- Apply algae destroyer: 1L for every 30-50m3. Measure out the quantity in a container and spread it around the perimeter of the pool.
- Put the filtration system for 12-24 hours.
REMOVE BROWN, YELLOW AND RED ALGAE
- Stop the filtration system
- Brush walls and areas with the presence of brown, yellow or red algae.
- Apply algae destroyer: 1L for every 30-50m3. Add locally the product as close as possible to the walls, without diluting and spread all over the perimeter of the pool, and other affected areas.
- Leave the product to rest for about 4 hours and brush the areas affected by algae again.
- Start the filtration system for 12-24 hours.
REMOVE BLACK ALGAE
- Stop the filtration system
- Brush the walls and areas with the presence of black algae. Very important to break the external protection of the algae and let the product penetrate inside.
- Apply algae destroyer: 1L for every 30-50m3. Add locally the product in the affected areas.
- Leave to act for 6-8 hours and then brush again.
- Start the filtration system.
- Repeat the process a few weeks later if black algae is still present.
*It is recommended to apply the product at sunset and without the presence of swimmers in the water.
PROPERTIES OF THE DEPREDATOR- ALGAE DESTROYER CTX-575
|Density||1,17 - 1,21 g/cm3|
|pH (concentrate, 20ºC)||8 - 9|
- Package size
- 1 Kg/L