Anti-algae liquid concentrate 25 L
- Anti-algae concentrate for the prevention of the formation of algae in swimming pools.
- Container of 25 L.
- Apply when you notice lack of transparency in the water.
- Read more about causes and solutions of pools infected by algae.
WHY DOES ALGAE GET IN THE POOL?
Algae are autotrophic plant microorganisms which are introduced into the pool water by wind, rain or other swimmers.
Algae are formed from mineral salts, such as phosphates, carbon dioxide and light, which through photosynthesis are synthesized into carbohydrates (organic matter) and oxygen is released into the atmosphere.
The conditions for algae to reproduce are: very hot water, unbalanced pH levels, few hours of filtration...
Algae will settle in the pool when free chlorine is not enough, so avoiding algae in the pool is only a matter of good maintenance.
TYPES OF ALGAE IN SWIMMING POOLS
- Green algae: These are the most common, fast growing algae, they can invade a pool in 24 hours and consume a large amount of chlorine.
- Yellow Algae: Also called Mustard Algae. They usually appear on the shady side of pools and are quite resistant to chlorine, they can resist from 3 to 5 ppm of free chlorine.
- Black Algae: They are the most feared algae. They form dark spots and have a stratum structure where the first layer protects the layers below. This makes it very difficult to remove. They are extremely resistant to chlorine.
The concentrated anti-algae is a product designed for swimming pool water, with a fast action and a high bactericidal, algaecide and fungicide power, aimed at preventing the formation and development of algae in the pool water.
HOW TO PREVENT SWIMMING POOL ALGAE?
To avoid the formation and development of algae it is important to do a good maintenance of the pool following these steps:
1. Control the pH level: between 7.2-7.6. Adjust with pH increaser or minor.
2. Control the chlorine level: between 0.5-1.5 .
3. Pass the pool cleaner and brush the walls.
4. Increase filtration hours, in summer, recommended about 6-8 hours a day
5. Apply concentrated anti-algae:
- Initial treatment: 2 liter per 100 m3
- Maintenance treatment: 0.5 L per week, per 100 m3
The initial treatment can be repeated whenever a lack of transparency is observed in the water.
* It is advisable to apply the products at sunset and without the presence of bathers.
OTHER APPLICATIONS OF THE ANTI-ALGAE
- Disinfection of the pool vessel:
Before filling the pool again, it is recommended to impregnate the walls and bottom with concentrated anti-algae (1 L in 10 L of water), thus forming a protective film with a disinfecting action.
- Disinfection of the swimming pool environment:
The surfaces that are part of the environment of the swimming pool, can become slippery and be a vehicle transmitter of diseases. To avoid these inconveniences we recommend to apply by means of a sprayer or watering can the concentrated anti-algae product (5 L of product in 10 L of water). After one hour these surfaces should be rinsed with abundant water.
PROPERTIES OF THE CONCENTRATED ANTI-ALGAE PRODUCT
|Density at 20 ° c||1 g/cm3|
|pH (concentrate, 20ºC)||7 - 7,5|
- Package size
- 25 Kg/L