How to analyze the pool water
Analyze and measure the parameters of the pool is a fundamental task for a correct maintenance of the pool. It is an indispensable element for all those who have a swimming pool whether it is small, big, of work, removable, elevated, spas... all need an analyzer case.
The CTX pooltester analyzer kit is used to know at all times the levels of both chlorine / bromine and pH of the pool. In summer a test must be carried out every 2-3 days to check the levels and regulate the parameters. The analysis with the analyzer kit will not take you any time, it is an economical, easy and quick way to know the concentration of disinfectant and the right pH.
The CTX Analyzer Kit consists of 3 elements:
- Pooltester with Chlorine/Bromine and pH levels.
- Oto reagent: determines the disinfectant level, total Chlorine or total Bromine.
- Phenol Reagent: determines the pH level.
Analysis of pool water parameters
A correct analysis of the pool parameters is important to be able to correct the levels and obtain clean and crystal clear water.
- Check that the pooltester is clean and free of debris.
- Fill the pooltester with water
- Add 5 drops of Oto to measure the Chlorine/Bromine level.
- Add 5 drops of Phenol for measuring pH level
- Shake the pooltester and let it act for a few seconds.
- Look at the color obtained for each parameter against the light and compare it with the parameters indicated in the pooltester.
The Oto reagent is a transparent reagent that oxidizes and turns yellow on contact with the disinfectant. The intensity of yellow depends on the amount of oxidants present in the water.
The Phenol reagent will react to pH changes from red to violet.
Correct chlorine/bromine and pH levels
Regulating the levels of chlorine/bromine and pH is essential for clean water. The optimum levels of the parameters are:
- pH: 7.2-7.6 ppm
- Total chlorine: 0.5 -1.5 ppm
- Total bromine, according to the type of pool we distinguish:
- Private pool: 1.0- 3.0 ppm
- Private spa: 2.0 - 4.0 ppm
- Public pool: 3.0 - 5.0 ppm
- Public spa: 4.0 - 6.0 ppm
In our Momentos Piscina store we have products to regulate pH and products to regulate chlorine and bromine levels. Do not hesitate to contact our team for any questions you may have.
IMPORTANT: it is essential to first regulate the pH levels and then the chlorine levels. If chlorine is added without first regulating the pH it will not work and you will not get clean water.