Bromine tablets for swimming pools
Does the smell of chlorine bother you, sometimes an excess of chlorine makes your eyes itchy or irritates your skin? We can offer you an alternative to chlorine that disinfects pool water with the same degree of effectiveness, bromine. It is a powerful oxidant that is very effective against bacteria, viruses and fungi, as well as eliminating impurities from the water.
The combination of bromine with organic amines (water) results in compounds called bromamines. Bromamines do not cause eye irritation or unpleasant odors. For this reason they are highly recommended for indoor pools and spas but can also be used for all types of indoor and outdoor pools.
Advantages of bromine over chlorine
- It is an effective disinfectant for swimming pools (bacteria, algae, fungi...)
- Its disinfectant power tolerates pH variations between 7 and 8
- Destroys all organic matter present in the water
- No eye irritation or unpleasant odor
- Maintains its disinfection effectiveness up to 40ºC, that is why it is so used in spas and indoor pools
Buy bromine for swimming pools
For an initial dosage of the product it is important to follow these steps:
- Wash the filtration system
- Check the water hardness and adjust it to 200mg/L
- Check alkalinity and adjust to 125-150 mg/L
- Check the pH and adjust it to 7.2 - 7.6
- Put the bromine tablets in a dispenser and adjust the water flow to maintain the proper residual bromine levels according to the type of pool:
- Private pools: 1.0 - 3.0 ppm
- Private Spas: 2.0 -4.0 ppm
- Public pools: 3.0 - 5.0 ppm
- Public Spas: 4.0 - 6.0 ppm
A weekly check should be made with a bromine and pH analyzer kit to regulate the optimal levels of residual bromine.
After the application of the product it is important to make sure that the bromine level is below 7.5 ppm before entering the pool.